Saturday, August 11, 2007

Energized Again....

Well yesterday was one of those days I don't even want to write about. Not worth tracking. Enough to say I slept long and well last night (7 staight hours) and feel much better today. More energy than I've had in weeks. Letting go of the costuming project was a major relief. I'm sorry I wasn't up to it. I'm sorrier still for letting my friends down. I should have known my limits before I signed on. I guess I was wishing and hoping more than I was being real about what is and isn't possible for me right now. I'm so grateful to another friend who supported me to acknowledge my limits and find an alternative for completing the project.

Just taking a break from a busy chore day. Lots of yard and garden work to do including cleaning up the seadoo so that we can sell it. Plan to go for a couple days of camping in the forest next week so need to get the gear together for that as well. I'm looking forward to getting somewhere that a fire is permitted. Might be too late in the season for that but we've had quite a bit of rain so it might still be okay. I haven't checked yet. Either way some hiking and maybe some fishing could be on the agenda. This time we get to take the dog with us so I'm looking forward to that.

We enjoyed another summer of fun with the seadoo but its time to let it go. We purchased it when our son was small. It was great fun flipping him and all the other little kids around for tube rides. They are all big now and they want to flip the seadoo itself around rather than ride behind on the tube or kneeboard. My son is still too young to be legal so its just a big tease for him and his friends. While on vacation I did let my son ride it before and after the boats filled the lake. He had a great time spinning around in donuts and zipping back and forth again and again. He'd put on quite a show for the beach crowd but always I'd be watching and praying all would be well and that no one would see fit to report us. We only used it for the 2 weeks each year we went camping on the lake. Otherwise it was chained up under a tarp in the backyard. We've had it since 2000 and only put about 100 hours on it. Hoping to get enough out of it to put a new roof on my house this fall. Seems like a good trade. lol.

All in all I'm doing very well today. I've got good energy and am in good spirits. I've lost another couple of pounds which worries me a bit but I seem to have an appetite today so I will make the most of it. I couldn't even stomach chocolate the last little while which for me is very unusual. I'm a true chocoholic and generally have at least one good feed or more a day. Only the best of course. Good quality swiss chocolate. Lint Lindor being my favourite. Speaking of addictions I'm seriously trying to quit my addiction to Diet Pepsi. I know in the quantities that I drink it that it is poison to me and its time I admitted it and cut it out.... again. I don't drink coffee or tea but I drink Diet Pepsi all day. No wonder I have a thyroid problem and sleeping problem with the amount of caffine I consume between the chocolate and the pop. Eeks... it's not going to be easy but it must be done. Bye bye diet pepsi.... hello V8 and green tea. And more water. I don't drink near enough water. I can feel the withdrawal headaches already and I haven't been 24 hours without a drink yet. They will pass.

I almost went looking for some pot yesterday cuz it always gives me an appetite. But it messes up other things for me too so it's not a good choice. Fortunately no one was home.... phew.... that was close. lol.

Break time is over but I'll be back later to muse on my dilemma about how to school my son this fall.

2 comments:

Inside My Mind said...

You smoke pot?? No, seriously!, I just read what you commented in my journal and I am so up for a hike! I am totally brand new at this, had my first hike today and my muscles are screaming at me, but I would adore a hike up Bridal Falls! We will need to connect by phone or something to make a plan. How long is it? Do you know? I think I may resort to regular email for more questions etc, tomorrow. I have a good book on southern BC hikes, I think I will search that one out and see whats there!! See!?? Now you have me all psyched!!!

Lizi Tish said...

Had to give the habit up but I still crave it now and then. I used it to settle anxiety but then I abused it and it triggered mood swings. When I lost too much weight it was helpful in stimulating an appetite and getting my weight back over 120. But like I say I don't know how to limit it to 'therapeutic use only' so its best I stay away from it.

I'd dropped down to 105 and I looked pretty sad... just skin and bone basically. No boobs, no butt, no thighs even. It was pretty ugly. I managed to get it back up to 135ish which is a healthy looking weight but I am slipping again and it worries me a little. Dropped quickly down to 125 the last few weeks and I need to turn it around again. Key is the appetite to want to eat and the constitution to keep it down. For someone who has been a chubby all her life this has been quite the turn around. I'll never envy a skinny person again.

So there you have it.... confessions of a former pothead with all my rationale for using. Not to mention the creative stimulation that I enjoyed... lol.

Yes... call me and we will arrange a hike real soon. I'm turning to exercise now to try to stimulate an appetite. Much healthier alternative.