Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Time for Lunch....

I sat over my lunch for about an hour and I only managed to get down 3 bits of my lean chicken sandwich on whole grain bread. I'm very drained and I know I need to eat but I'm just too nausiated to try anymore. I'll try again later. Maybe some fruit will go down easier.

Turned to my work and can't seem to focus enough to get anything done there either. I've been looking at the screen reading and re-reading what I've already written and re-written a dozen times. I'm a month late with this project and can't afford another stall. I've got other projects that are running behind too because of my limited capacity to work more than a couple of hours a day.

I've also taken on another big project as a favour to a friend. Designing costumes for a musical production. I love doing this kind of work and I really thought when I said yes that I was able to do it. I know now that I'm not up to the task. That makes me sad, angry and frustrated but it won't help to deny my limitations and make myself sicker. I've been there... done that and it wasn't a good thing.

Now I have to make the dreaded phone call to admit I can't deliver and then convince her to let me off the hook. I'm trying to find a replacement but so far no luck. I have to let her know where I'm at. Yuk!!! It won't be pretty.

Think I'll take the dog for a walk and see if that gives me an energy boost so I can get something accomplished before the sun goes down. I'm praying for sleep to come easily tonight.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Glad to see you blogging. I hope you have more energy soon. I also hope my phone is fixed tonight, I really missed the computer last night, and chatting with you. Your words about grief really helped me deal with things lately, thanks again. See ya soon.

Lizi Tish said...

Thanks D... I'm glad I could be of some comfort to you. I'm glad your ceremony went well. Look forward to trying to chat again tonight.