Sunday, August 12, 2007

On the Mental Health side....

I'm doing well again today. Good sleep last night. Good appetite today. Great energy level over all. Staying true to my schedule of morning quiet time to centre and affirm myself. High protein diet rich in Omega 3s and low in sugars, caffine and additives. I participate regularly with a couple of on-line groups to give and get additional support, advise and encouragement. I'm getting more exercise and making plans to increase that even more to get myself back in shape again.

I have a couple of really interesting work project getting underway that have me hopeful and energized. All in all I'm in a very good place and making the most of it. Still puzzling and mystifying the way things change from one day to the next. Ready to take on the world one day and ready to hide under the covers the next. There are so many variables that I'm needing to learn how to manage. On days like today they seem very ordinary but tomorrow they could appear massive and cause me to cycle into hopelessness. Can I fix this with behavioural and cognitive changes or will I need to resort to psych meds? That remains to be seen. Time will tell how well I am able to modify my lifestyle to improve my physical and mental health. I am motivated to find alternative meds but it's not an easy road to follow.

Plan to attend a Medicine Wheel ceremony later this month. Give me a chance to connect with some of my Elders again whom I haven't seen for a long time. Hoping they can help me with some medicines I can harvest myself. Maybe some ceremonies I can do as well to help me when I'm struggling. Anything to avoid the psych meds and become another pharmaceutical statistic. Eeks... just the thought of lining my shelf with psych meds raises the anxiety level for me. There has got to be another way. If there is I'm going to find it. That much I know to be true. Stubborn, tenacious, my own worst enemy? Yea... but sometimes that's a good thing. Let's hope it can work for me now.

No comments: