A friend called last night and agreed in prayer that I would get 6 straight hours of sleep and that's exactly what I got with only 2 hours of tossing before falling off to sleep. What a relief not to have gone through another night of struggling. I'd smudged the room with sage and lavendar before hand so that may have helped as well.
I'm still pretty drained physically today but I feel like I'm off to a better start. Emotionally I'm feeling pretty level so that's good too. I had a nice quiet time this morning and I even did some stretching exercises and played with the dog for a while to get my body moving and the blood pumping. Had a small breakfast of juice, banana and whole grain toast. Took a bit of work to get it down but I'm sure it will help provide a boost for the morning. I checked my weight and I haven't lost any more for a couple of days now so that's a good thing too.
Time to get into my office and see how far this refreshment can take me today. I'm optomistic. That's a good sign.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am quite proud of the way you are trying to take control. I always knew you to be a strong person, and you are. Don't be afraid to ask for help, either from a professional, or from your friends, if you need it. And I know we have not touched base for many a year, but you can call me if you think I can help as well.
Thanks Donna... you were always someone I could talk to so I appreciate the support. Sometimes my strength... or stubbornness is my weakness but I'm working on being wiser and less independant.
I am much more aware than I was even 6 months ago. That awareness gives me the strength to resist giving up. I'm determined to get my life back and I know it won't happen over night. I'm learning to practice acceptance and patience. I'm also learning to modify my ambitions. Its okay to live more simply. It may even be more than okay. It may be how I'm going to find the balance.
Post a Comment