Tuesday, April 24, 2007

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!

Who would have thought so many people were actually reading my blog!!!!! I received so many emails asking about my blog that I decided I better get it back up and running again.

I can't really say for sure why I took it down. Lots of mixed reasons. The most honest would be to just admit I was 'in one of those kind of moods'. The kind I dread the most and had thought I had under control. I was wrong. I went on a bit of a rampage... wiping out my 'life in cyberspace'.... disconnecting from my 'cyberspace friends'.... reacting to mixed feelings of sadness and disillusionment and frustration with myself.

It's also true that I was feeling an overwhelming sense of alone-ness at the time... a sense of disconnect from the real world. A sense that I was talking mostly to myself and I began to think that the whole idea of a blog was 'rather odd'. I sensed that I had perhaps just exchanged my silent isolation for one in cyberspace. No more engaged in the real world than the life I lived in my closet. The one I was beginning to retreat from... struggling to not let myself wiggle my way back into. I told myself it was taking up too much time. I told myself I needed to spend less time on the Internet and my blog was just one on the list that I needed to let go.

I have experienced tremendous support from a couple of on-line support groups I first joined in January of this year. They are visited by people who like me live and survive everyday with bi-polar and similar mood and mental disorders. I have made many wonderful new friends in those cyber-communities. Many of whom I chat with and exchange private emails with outside of the public community. I hope to always have them in my life as we learn and share with and from each other to live life to the fullest. I have pushed them away of late and for that I want to apologize here to them. I know better than anyone they understand. They better than anyone knew to give me my space and wait for my return. I expect they are all smiling about now to see me come back. Cheering my victory over yet another cycling of my moods.

So I guess I dedicate this return to blogging to them... my rockin survivor power friends. That is a phrase that has evolved from our combined efforts to 'keep on keepin on' so that we might all live our lives to the fullest. With an appreciation of the smallest blessings of life and a commitment to being the biggest blessing we can be to one another as we journey through life's many adventures.

And for sure I owe many thanks to all my friends and family who asked me this past week 'what happened to your blog??' I really had no idea so many folks were checking in to read my latest ramblings. Discovering that while I write this alone..... in quiet contemplation rather than warped isolation.... I am sharing it with all of you who stop by for a quiet visit. Do take the time to say hi once in a while. Just to remind me I'm not alone after all.

I'll be back soon.... have a wonderful birthday story to tell!!! So many blessings.... my oh my don't I feel special all of a sudden!!!

Take good care....

Lizi-Tish

ps... my sincere apologies to everyone who did come and leave a comment behind when my blog was up before. While I saved my writing which meant that I could post them here again... I wasn't able to re-post people's comments. I surely did appreciate each and everyone of them just the same.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back LT

ABT

Lizi Tish said...

Thanks Allie... good to see you dropping by. Maybe catch you for a chat sometime soon hey.

Been a busy day finishing up a power point presentation. Picky thing for a perfectionist like me!!! eeks!!! Show time... tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yea my hero! Happy Birthday Taurus. Im a Taurus too. My bday is tomorrow. I only have a sec to say Im so glad to see you back! Have you seen that I am kicked off mytherapy! I can hardly believe it! WHat a crock. Anyway love you babe. Love your medicine wheel links....
More later
Joy

Anonymous said...

Yea my hero! Happy Birthday Taurus. Im a Taurus too. My bday is tomorrow. I only have a sec to say Im so glad to see you back! Have you seen that I am kicked off mytherapy! I can hardly believe it! WHat a crock. Anyway love you babe. Love your medicine wheel links....
More later
Joy

Anonymous said...

OOOOOPS
Joy