It's another sunny but cool day here on the edge of the valley. The garden is popping with new spring blossoms everyday. Tulips are opening with the first rays of sunshine.
I finally finished my submission for the Campus Coordinator job with the Mental Health Association. I have some mixed feelings about it but will wait to learn more before I jump to any conclusions. I need to be called for an interview first after all. It is only part time so it means I can keep my consulting business alive at the same time. I wouldn't have applied had it been full time.
I will spend most of today working on a policy project in between walks with Bubba and breaks like this one to post on my blog and email a couple of girl friends with whom I'm trying to organize an outing. Been months and months since we've even talked so it will be a lot of fun to get together with them again soon.
Looks like it will be a birthday outing. My birthday is coming up next month and it just happens to fit a time when my best-est best friends from elementary school days is free to get together. We were part of a pretty tight group of 6 girls who drifted apart in high school. About 5 years ago now I went searching out some of them. I signed up with classmates.com and within a few weeks got a message from an acquaintance who know how I could connect with one of them. It was quite the reunion. Some 30 years had passed so the first task was being able to recognize each other at the fun park we'd elected as our meeting place. What a fun time that was. We were like a couple of giddy school girls. Talking fast, asking lots of questions, rushing through our 'life stories' and just enjoying the moments as they rushed by.
She knew where a lot of the others were and our next outing was a dinner that managed to get 3 of the old gang together and a couple of others that we all knew from highschool. We had a wonderful time and vowed to do it again. Unfortunately one of our dear friends who joined us for the dinner had a fatal car accident shortly after. We all felt especially blessed to have that evening together with her. It certainly reminded us all how important it is to never let our busy lives get in the way of keeping our friends close and in our lives. To cherish every day we share together and every day we share with others. Life is short after all and a gift we have been given to share with others. I think about Joy every now and again and the memory of the pieces of our lives that we shared is filled with laughter and happiness. I feel blessed to have known her and prompted to keep in touch with the others of our gang as often as I can.
So now comes the task of deciding where we will meet and what we will do to share my special day. I can't wait for it to come and for us all to get lost in our childhood again while catching up some more on our lives since and our dreams for the days to come.
Hope you have a great day. Take the time to reach out and connect with someone you might have lost touch with. It is a blessing like no other.
Till next time....Lizi-tish....
break time is over....
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment